Thursday 2 June 2011

A Project For June

Well May was a miserable failure sewing-wise.

This is mostly justified. I had one weekend at home in the whole of the month and that was taken up with packing for my holiday/belated honeymoon.
This month I am off to Bad Breisig in Germany for the Men From UNKEL Mod Weekender and would like to make something to wear to that. The highpoint of the weekend is the boat trip down the Rhine. Four hours of drinking, music and vintage clothing. On a boat! On the Rhine! The weather is usually fine too, so it's generally a good 'un. Ever since I started going to this rally, about 8 years ago, I have attempted a nautical-themed outfit for the boat trip, so maybe this year I shall make my own.
In order to work out what makes the ultimate sailor dress I have started a nautical-themed board on Pintrest

Nautical
So what are the crucial style features? Large collars? Bows? Stripes? Anchor motifs? I could be in danger of overkill if I try to incorporate them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment